The Fiber Mountain Optical Path Exchange (OPX) provides any port-to-any port connectivity, creating a Virtual Connectivity Fabric, for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications, in a slim form factor of one Rack Unit (1RU). OPX provides cross connect of 160 ports (320 fibers) terminating within fourteen 24-fiber MPO faceplate connectors and only 5 nanoseconds latency port-to-port.
OPX is fully managed from the Fiber Mountain AllPath Director.
All MPO ports support Intelligent Connection Identification (ICID) technology, allowing for a fully visible and dynamically moveable physical layer. This software control of physical connections is also known as Connectivity Virtualization.
An integral part of Fiber Mountain’s Glass Core, OPX enables the creation of Programmable Light Path (PLP) connections for dynamic reconfiguration of paths in the Glass Core architecture. Scalable to 40G, 100G and above, it is also a valuable asset in extending the life of a 10G or 40G infrastructure.
OPX is also available as a standalone unit to work in any SDN environment controlled by a third party controller.
- Ultra-low 5 nanosecond port-to-port latency
- Onboard optics with high faceplate density
- Software-controlled moves, adds and changes
- Dual redundant hot-insertable power supplies
- Front-to-back or back-to-front fans
- Four management ports
- ICID technology enables all fiber cabling to be managed from software
- Supports multimode OM3 / OM4 cables
- Multi-color LED at each MPO connector can be used for port verification, alarming, or be programmed under software control
- Configured and monitored by AllPath Director or third-party SDN controllers
- Support for RESTful API
- 1RU 19-inch rack-mountable enclosure